Saturday, October 1, 2011

:\ Some rebuilding required

Somehow my campaign folder got messed up, and the messed up copy was uploaded to my offsite backup before I'd realized. I had to resort to an old archive backup. This has meant spending time recreating campaign level things. It's both annoying and time consuming. While most of my stuff was module level, some key scripts, my journals and many creatures and items were campaign level assets.

Yes, the streetlights in two of these screenshots are not turned on when they should be. Silly bug where lights lose their tag on save/reload, and I'm using SLS, which uses tags. I've already rewritten the portion of SLS that handles that to just use nearest light object. Just don't have screenshots showing that.

I'd like to post some shots of people speaking in Cant, but it's hard to find any that are not spoilerish.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kamal,

    How dreadful to lose your data! I lost some data on a NWN module once. I never had the heart to redo it.

    Now, I keep the backup on a completely different drive, and backup to the net from the second drive copy only. That way, I always have at least one unchanged copy.

    Great screenshots, as expected from you again!

    Cant sounds interesting.

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an offsite backup. I'd copied over the corrupt stuff :-(

    ReplyDelete